Sunday, June 27, 2010

Barefootin!!

Got up this morning and iced my hamstring, but also noticed that it was feeling a lot better than yesterday. The icing really seems to be helping it.

Headed over to Lake Quannapowitt in Wakefield, MA for the barefoot running clinic. I decided to get there a few minutes early so I could get my mile in before it started and I finished that up just in time to see the instructor show up and step out of his car (knew it was him obviously because he was barefoot). My hamstring felt a little tight on the run, but nothing like the pain I had yesterday. In fact, I think I easily could have done a 5 miler with no problems and little discomfort, but I opted to stick with the mile and let it heal up more and will start up the plan again tomorrow (no trackwork this week htough, but I will be going for the marathon pace run mid-week).

The clinic was great. I met some really nice people and learned a few good drills and information that I think will help me ease back into barefoot running. And as anxious as I am to get back into it, I do plan on taking it slow this time to avoid the TMTS (Too Much Too Soon) injuries I got last time.

Well, I'm off to ice my hamstring again.

No comments:

Post a Comment