Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Short Long run

Well, at 8 miles long I thinK I actually ran longer yesterday.

My mother is in the hospital (heart attack - she'll be okay we think) so I headed down to Cape Cod this morning early. I left around 5:00 and got there about 6:30. I couldnt visit her yet so I decided to get my 8 miler in running the Falmouth Road Race route. It really is a favorite of mine in the summer when I visit my parents because it runs by the beach and the harbor.

It was hot again - no surprises there but it felt much better than my run yesterday.

Biggest issue today was that when I got to my turn-around point I really had to pee. No bathroom there. I did run by a bunch of small beach shacks - each with their own porta-potty. But figuring that these were actually the bathrooms for these houses, I decided to try to make it back to the Surf Drive Bath House. I made it but it was still locked up - too early in the morning I guess. So I sucked it up and ran the last 3 miles back to my parents and nearly burst as I ran into the house.

TIP OF THE DAY: If you have to pee on a run, do it as soon as you feel it coming on. It will save you a ton of discomfort and could save you some even worse stomach cramps later in the run.

Easy 6 miler tomorrow before my next track workout on Monday. Monday looks tough - 3 x 1600 on 6:20-6:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment