Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Marathon pace run

7 mile marathon pace run today - with a mile warmup and a 2 mile cooldown for a total of just over 10 miles this morning.

The marathon pace run went pretty well. It took me a mile or two to settle into a groove, and my time slipped a bit on mile two to about 7:48 but the rest were right in there between 7:35 and 7:40 or so.

As for my garmin, I have now come to realize why some people have said that they do NOT use the "current pace" function. It is way too variable. During my marathon pace run, there were times it told me I was running 8:15 pace, and while my pace may have dropped off a bit for a minute or so, I know that it didnt drop off that much.

Legs were still tired today and I am starting to wonder if there is some other reason they are tired. I have a doctors appointment this afternoon so I might mention it. I am starting to wonder a bit about whether I have a 3:20 in me because while I did fine on the 7 mile marathon pace run this morning, I dont think I could have done 19 more miles. But it could just be because of all the hills from last week, who knows? I guess we'll see how the long run goes on Saturday. I am going to try (stress try, because it probably wont happen) to go up and run the 14 miler on the marathon course if I can.

7 miles easy tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment