Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Running the Notch

Sorry for the long time with no posts but I was on vacation in Smugglers Notch, VT last week and had no internet access (kind of nice actually). I am going to throw in a series of posts today on how the training went last week.

SATURDAY
Long run went fine - no issues. Hamstring still a bit tight but not too bad

SUNDAY
First run at Smuggs - trail run up to find a pond with a floating trampoline for the kids (though we never actually got up there with them during the week)

MONDAY
Trail run around and up the mountain. Up at Smuggs (as they call it) they have "walks", "hikes" and "wikes" which are kind of an in-between difficulty level. Todays run was a "rike" because some of the hills were so steep and long I had to stop running and hike up them.

TUESDAY
Easy day - just a couple miles on the roads in the resort.

As you can see, I skipped the speedwork. Given that I had no access to a treadmill (unless I wanted to pay to use it), or a track, or even flat roads of any kind, I opted to skip the speedwork and did a hilly trail run on Monday instead. Because hills are speedwork in disguise, at least that's what I've heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment