Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Got soaked anyway.

Woke up this morning, tired but ready to go out for my marathon pace run (last one at 8 miles then I move up to 9 miles next week). It was pouring out and windy - almost monsoon-like.

So... I opted for the treadmill, which I havent used in a while. I just didnt feel like getting soaked while running my race, and didnt want to take the chance that my ipod would get wet.

The run started off fine - warmed up for a mile then set the treadmill to 7.8mph for a 7:41 pace. About two miles in, it started - the sweat. Holy crap, I didnt realize how warm and muggy it was in the gym, but after only two miles sweat was dripping down my forehead. By 7 miles in, my shirt and shorts looked like I had just stepped out of the shower. By the time I was done, the treadmill was soaked, my clothes weighed a ton and I think I lost about 3 pounds.

Mentally, today was tough - I dont like running on treadmills and even though I had my music it was just boring. By the end I was ready for it to be done.

A couple easy days and then my first 16 miler on Saturday.

On a side note, ankle felt pretty good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment