Monday, August 9, 2010

Life gets in the way

Sometimes life just gets in the way. Injuries aside, sometimes you just cant get that run in, or it is more beneficial to not do the run.

Yesterday was one of those days.

This was a busy weekend for me. I was taking the "Running Coach Certification" class held by the RRCA, which was two full days (8am-5pm) on Saturday and Sunday. I also had my monthly poker game on Saturday night.

So Saturday I got my 10 miler in early so I could get to class by 7:45. Then had class and had to rush home to finish setting up for poker. I did kick everyone out early (early being 12:15am) but was just too tired to get up for my 8 miler on Sunday morning.

My alarm went off at 4:30 and I did roll out of bed, but I was just so tired (only about 3.5 hours of sleep) that it honestly just seemed like a better idea physically to get some more rest. So I went back to sleep and got up at 6:30 - did one mile and then showered and went to class for day 2.

So while my mileage really dropped this week (33 miles) I think I made the right decision. I was still tired this morning and didnt try to get up early to run because I would have had to be back by 6:00 so Bonnie could get to work. I just planned on doing the run at lunch, and I feel pretty good right now.

So we'll see how this week goes.

The class, by the way, was great - though many of the concepts they teach go pretty far against how I am training right now using the Hanson training method. But I still plan to stick with it and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment