Friday, August 27, 2010

Weird route

So today I ran kind of a strange route. We went to the Patriots game last nigth and decided to stay over at a hotel in Milford, MA.

I got up and headed out the door for my run - luckily with my Garmin on. Well, after only a mile and a half, I came to the end of the sidewalk and intersected with two main roads with no sidewalk and no shoulder to run on. So I turned around to head back, trying to decide what do and thinking that my only option was to just run back and forth on this road 3 times to try to hit my 8 miles for today.

As I started up the hill on the way back I passed by an office building that had a pretty big parking lot - Fisher Scientific I think it was, so I scooted in there and ran the perimeter of their parking lot all the way around the building.

Checking my Garmin that had added about a third of a mile to my run. So I did that the rest of the way back to the hotel, doing loops around a car dealership, Target, Best Buy, Staples, Lowes and Sports Authority - each one adding .3-.7 miles to my run. As I came into the parking lot for the hotel, a few zig-zags in the parking lot and I had reached 7 miles.

Close enough to 8 for what I had to work with, and given that I was in Milford, MA - it was already 8:15 - the family was still asleep - and I still had to go to work, I decided to call it quits there.

Turns out we went swimming in the pool for an hour before I left and I didnt get to the office until 12:30 anyway.

Tomorrow is a 16 miler on the marathon course with a friend who is also running Baystate this year. He needs a 3:15 for his qualifying time, and based on his log I think he will have no problems. He is quite a bit faster than I am, and usually does that while pushing his son in a stroller.

No comments:

Post a Comment