Sunday, September 5, 2010

Soccer, soccer, soccer

This was a weekend of soccer as my oldest daughter played in a tournament this weekend. One game yesterday and then two today, so we spent the whole day at the field - with a little(long) picnic inbetween games. But man, I never realized how wiped out I could feel just watching soccer all day.

run this morning was fine - 8 miles easy recovery run. This week I am going to have to start replanning my running schedule. With soccer starting this weekend and the kids in full days of school, that means my wife's work schedule will change. She will now be working at the office two days a week, which could throw off my running schedule. With soccer on Saturdays now, I will have to move my long run to Sundays I think because I just dont think I'll get up early enough to do 16 miles and then get back, ready and to soccer by 9:00.

This will then throw off the days of my hard runs (intervals and marathon pace runs) so that will be the tough part to work out. I may have to move them to Wednesdays and Fridays. I'll figure it out later this week. This week should be fine since I am off tomorrow, but next week will definitely have to change.

10 miles tomorrow - probably will try to do the intervals - 3x2 miles at 7:15 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment